Stone Therapy Massage is an ancient healing art that is currently being rediscovered. Dating back thousands of years, it has become a proven method of easing stress and detoxing. In this treatment, your therapist will utilize hot basalt stones and cool marble stones. The combination of stone temperatures offers a truly unique experience and reduces the amount of stress we carry physically and emotionally in our everyday lives.
Why Hot Stone Therapy?
Stone therapy is an effective treatment for relieving sore muscles. Your therapist will place hot (and sometimes cold) stones on key points on the body. The stones are used as an extension of the therapist’s hands, while they use relaxing strokes of Swedish massage.
Benefits of Hot Stone Therapy
- Stimulates circulation
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Improves immune system by detoxifying the body
- Relieves stress and muscle tension
- Affects the sensory system, stimulating production of neurochemicals bringing sense of well-being
- Helps to normalize body functions
- Assists your body in self-healing
- Improves energetic anatomy of the body
- Similar to relaxation and therapeutic treatments, stone therapy treatment regularity should be determined based on your needs and health condition.
- From a proactive standpoint, regular monthly treatments are highly recommended