POLICIES & INFORMATION
To Ensure A Safe & Enjoyable Experience
COVID-19 Preventative Measures
- Please review our COVID-19 PREVENTATIVE MEASURES prior to attending your next appointment.
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
- Our treatment services are provided by appointment only. To secure convenient treatment times for future appointments, we highly recommend booking with your chosen practitioner in advance.
ONLINE WAITING LIST
- If you are unable to find a treatment time that works with your schedule, feel free to reach out to us directly at [email protected] and we will pass on the information to your chosen practitioner.
- Alternatively, our online booking system offers a convenient waiting list option where, by completing a brief digital form, you can automatically add yourself to your chosen practitioner’s appointment waiting list on specific days of the week and times of day. If a spot opens up, they will be able to contact you promptly to see if you are available to come in for a treatment.
DIGITAL INTAKE FORMS (Sent via email)
Upon booking an appointment with your chosen practitioner, you will receive our digital clinic intake form and an insurance benefit intake form (if required) via the email address you supplied to us.
- Depending on the type of treatment you book, a more treatment-specific intake form may also accompany the general intake form, which will provide your chosen practitioner with the necessary information required to provide you with the most effective and comprehensive treatment experience.
- Please ensure that these intake forms are completed and submitted prior to your appointment, as this will make your first experience with us much more seamless and efficient.
APPOINTMENT REMINDERS (Email & Text)
E-mail and text message reminders are available to all clients for every appointment they book.
- An e-mail confirmation will be sent out to you immediately after booking a treatment.
- An e-mail reminder of your appointment will be sent out to you 48 hours prior to the appointment time.
- A text message reminder of your appointment will be sent out to you 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
24-HOUR CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY
Your business is valued and your cooperation is appreciated. We are making a commitment to you to guarantee your appointment time and refusing all other requests once you have made the appointment.
- A 24-hour cancellation notice is required for any scheduled appointments, including gift certificate or gift card sessions. Missed or no-show appointments will result in a charge equal to the full amount of the session booked unless the appointment can be filled.
- Emergency cancellations due to illness, injury, etc., are determined at your health practitioner’s discretion.
Thank you, in advance, for honouring your appointment times.
- **Please note that treatment lengths can be shortened at the time of your appointment, however, the massage / acupuncture rate charged will reflect the originally booked length (eg. 90 minute massage gets reduced to 60 minutes on day of treatment…client will be charged for the 90 minute treatment).
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy Amendment – NO late cancellation fees will be charged in the cases that you have to cancel your appointment, within the 24 hour window, due to illness-related circumstances. We ask that you respectfully wait to book an appointment after you have fully recovered. Please ensure a safe and healthy experience for everyone.
ARRIVING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Arriving early will ensure that all of the necessary digital intake forms have been completed and that all pertinent health information has been properly gathered.
- Arriving early will also provide time for your practitioner to discuss any notable items from the digital intake form(s) that you completed upon booking your appointment, ensuring a safe and effective treatment experience.
*FREE 2-Hour parking is available in front of the building.
LATE APPOINTMENT ARRIVAL
At Refined Health & Wellness, it is our goal to make sure that when you book a 60-minute treatment, you receive the full 60-minute treatment, and not a 45 minute treatment with 15 minutes of paperwork/consultation.
- Arriving early will ensure that you get the full duration of the treatment you booked.
- We understand that life is unpredictable and things can come up at any minute. If you are running late for a scheduled appointment, please notify your practitioner as soon as possible. When you arrive, the remaining reserved time will be used for your treatment. Your practitioner will do their best to make the most out of the remaining treatment time.
DIGITAL APPOINTMENT RECEIPTS
At the conclusion of each treatment, your chosen practitioner will issue you a digital receipt for the out-of-pocket portion of the payment. This receipt can then be submitted to your insurance benefit provider for potential reimbursement.
- By default, your practitioner will send the receipt to you via email to the address you supplied to us when booking your appointment.
- If you wish to have a printed copy, please make sure to ask your practitioner and they will be glad to provide you with one.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
- All treatments provided by Refined Health & Wellness practitioners are clinical in nature.
- No sexual conversation or behaviour will be tolerated at any time.
Inappropriate words, jokes, or suggestions will result in the immediate termination of a client’s massage / acupuncture treatment.
- Clients that have treatments terminated due to inappropriate behaviour, will be charged the full treatment fee. Furthermore, subsequent treatments at Refined Health & Wellness will be denied.