For a truly amazing meditative and healing experience, try a sound bath. The sounds of the crystal alchemy singing bowls surround you with their powerful healing tones and immediately allow you to experience your multi-dimensional selves, tune your chakras and relax your mind. This allows for greater expansion of your being and allows for healing and transformation.
Each Sound Therapy session allows you to release blockages and helps to open you to your full potential and to the opportunities in life. It is the frequencies of the alchemy crystal bowls that penetrate into every cell of your body, allowing optimal healing and growth to occur.
At Refined Health & Wellness, We Offer Two Different Sound Therapy Sessions:
- 30 Minute Sound Therapy = Focuses on healing, releasing blockages, and balancing your chakras.
- 60 Minute Sound Therapy = The 1 hour session includes Reiki and Craniosacral Therapy which greatly adds to the healing benefits of the Crystal Singing Bowls.
What Is Sound Healing Therapy?
Sound has been utilized in various cultures for thousands of years as a tool for healing. Whether through the use of mantras as with the Hindis, the Icaros (medicine melodies) of various Indigenous peoples from Central and South America, or Pythagoras’ use of interval and frequency, these various techniques all have the same intention: to move us from a place of imbalance to a place of balance.
How Does Sound Healing Therapy Work?
Sound helps to facilitate shifts in our brainwave state by using entrainment. Entrainment synchronizes our fluctuating brainwaves by providing a stable frequency which the brainwave can attune to. By using rhythm and frequency, we can entrain our brainwaves and it then becomes possible to down-shift our normal beta state (normal waking consciousness) to alpha (relaxed consciousness), and even reach theta (meditative state) and delta (sleep; where internal healing can occur). This same concept is utilized in meditation by regulating the breath, but with sound it’s the frequency that is the agent which influences the shift.
Using sound as therapy can provide results for a variety of issues including:
- Sleep disorders
- Stress management
- Pain management
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR MORE INFO: https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/crystal-singing-bowls
The Effects of Sound In Everyday Life
It’s important to consider what kinds of sound we take in from our living environments. Anyone who lives in New York City knows how painful the sound of a subway train screeching to a halt feels and sounds. Loud sounds can elevate our stress levels, create imbalances in our nervous system, lower our immunity and in extreme cases, cause hearing loss.
When we are stressed, our whole relationship to sound changes, and regular everyday sounds can become magnified and contribute to the feedback cycle of the stress, amplifying it even more. By utilizing sound therapy techniques, we can become better listeners and more aware of the sounds we take in.
Our body, mind and spirit always want to be moving in a direction toward balance, yet we often have too much outer stimulus and noise and not enough time to dedicate to ourselves, which can prevent us from achieving a better state of harmony. Sound has a way of helping us get to the source of this inner peace we all desire.
What Will You Experience During a Sound Therapy session?
A sound therapy treatment is both a passive and participatory experience. The passive aspect is that you become more relaxed by laying down and slowing your breath. By doing this, you prepare yourself to become the receiver of sound. It’s in this place of stillness that you participate by becoming more open and aware of each sound that comes in.
Sound helps create the pathway to this place of stillness the same as a mantra helps you to arrive at the still point of meditation. Sound not only helps with inducing relaxation, but also has a way of moving through areas of blockage. Sound has the ability to positively affect our whole being.
Sounds That Heal
Sound therapists make music in a variety of ways to promote healing. Here are some common techniques.
- Classical Music: Classical music has been show to increase the rate of development of synaptic connections in young children’s minds. It also helps fuel creativity and enhance joy in adults. Classical music can even help address physical ailments like high blood pressure and muscle tension.
- Humming: Humming not only lifts your spirits, it clears your head. According to a study conducted by Swedish researcher, and published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, humming may actually help keep your sinuses clear and healthy.
- Singing Bowls: Whether metal or quartz crystal, a singing bowl sings when you run a felt-tipped mallet around its edge. Along with rhythms produced by striking the edge of the bowl, the vibrations and tones slow down breathing, brain waves and heart rates, producing a deep sense of calm and well-being.
- Tuning Forks: Originally used to tune musical instruments to the proper pitch, tuning forks have long been used by orthopedists to detect stress fractures in large bones. Now, sound therapists use the vibrations of tuning forks to increase the amount of energy in parts of the body they are trying to heal or energize. These good vibes can support relaxation, balance our nervous systems and increase physical energy.
SOUND HEALING & INSURANCE
Please note that Sound Healing Therapy treatments may, or may not, be claimable through your insurance benefit provider.
To be certain that your Sound Healing experience can be claimed through your insurance provider, please book one of our ‘add-on’ massage treatments titled “Therapeutic Massage Therapy w/ Sound Healing Therapy“. There are a variety of durations to choose from.